The Process & House Extensions types
For those who wish to add extra living space and avoid the stress of moving we offer the highest quality of design, craftsmanship and sustainability resulting in your dream Home Extension that will both enhance your property and your lifestyle.
- A lucas construction surveyor visits you to discuss design options for your home and the relevant planning and building regulations requirements. We provide a comprehensive quotation and we can also arrange for you to view a similar project, to give you an opportunity to see the standard of work and to help you realise the potential for your own home.
- On placing of an order, a small deposit will be taken. Payments are only taken in arrears of work, and therefore no further payments are required until work has begun. a detailed survey and further discussions with you will be undertaken by our surveyor and structural engineer,they will draw up the relevant architectural plans. Plans will be send to you for your approval,any changes, alterations will be made free of charge. It normally takes around 2-4 weeks to draw up the plans and to get them registered with the local council. It takes approximately 8 weeks for the council to decide the application. Payments are only taken in arrears of work, and therefore no further payments are required until work has begun.
- During the planning application period you are required to serve party wall notice(s) on your neighbour(s), to which they must consent prior to the commencement of the work. We will put you in touch with a party wall surveyor who will supply you with the notice(s) free of charge. We strongly recommend you serve these notices at your earliest opportunity in order to ensure works starts promptly after planning consent has been obtained.
- The week before work commences, you will have a “pre-start” meeting with your project manager and the site foreman. the site foreman will be managing the team constructing your development. this meeting is an opportunity to fine-tune any details of your impending project. The site foreman will run you through the build process, explaining how they intend to tackle the project, the best channels of communication and how they will protect your home and minimise disruption to your family.
- A few weeks before the build starts, Lucas Construction will apply for building regualtions on your behalf. Once planning approval has been obtained construction normally commences within 2-4 weeks.
- The building team arrive on the agreed start date and construction begins. Prior to this, preparation of the site along with the protection of key areas will have already taken place; skips will have been delivered and scaffolding erected where appropriate.
- During the construction stage of your project, one of Lucas Construction site consultants, or your designated project manager, will be visiting your site 2-3 times a week to ensure works are progressing according to the schedule.
- You can expect construction work to last approximately; 6-7 weeks for a loft, 8-12 weeks for an extension. Upon completion of your project you will receive a 10 year structure guarantee, your building regualtions certifcate, a copy of your planning approval and most importantly some precious space!
From architectural plans and design, planning permission applications (if required) and building regulations, we will handle the entire process. “However if you have all in place and would like us to handle only construction works we more than happy to take your project on board”. Our project managers will be available to answer any questions and deal with any problems and will keep you appraised throughout the entire process from start to finish. Upon completion of your project you will receive a guarantee for the works, your building regualtions certifcate, a copy of your planning approval and most importantly new pretty space!
House Extensions are a great way of gaining extra space in your home and are generally a more affordable and less disruptive alternative to moving.
Building a House Extension has many benefits and this is the reason for their recent rise in popularity, a specially Side Return Kitchen Extensions within London area.
Extending your existing kitchen into the Side Return Extension can create a stunning new kitchen/living area or family room. The finished result is well lit, waterproof and insulated. It will be much admired by visiting friends, family and neighbours!
A professional House Extension can also add value to your property and can increase your house’s value by 20%.
House Extension Types :
The basic construction cost of a typical House Extension starts from £1,750 per Square Meter, plus the cost of any new kitchens or bathrooms, plus VAT.
That budget would give a basic standard of finish and will not include luxury items such as under-floor heating, timber or aluminium windows and doors, granite worktops or wooden flooring. To achieve a luxury finish a budget of £2,500 or more per Square Meter is necessary.
Here is a brief description of the usual types of extension that we build for our customers
Two Storey Side Extension
A double storey Home Extension is the way to go if you need more space without compromising Garden space or storage in the Attic . Double
storey house extensions
too much more than a single storey house extension as most of the work is done on the ground floor. This type of house extension will require planning permission and can be done only in detached or semi detached houses with side plot, garden. You may have empty, unused garage on side of your house? That’s where double storey extension could be build.can increase your property substantially and don’t cost
Two Storey Rear Extension
We have considerable experience in
planning and building House Extensions in London properties.Building a double storey Home Extension is proven way of increasing your living space at the same time as adding value to your property. Indeed, in these straitened economic times, many people are considering two story house extension as a cost-effective alternative to moving house.
- a dining room
- a dining room
- a home office
- a new bedroom
- a games room
- a new kitchen & utility
Choice is yours!!
Single storey rear extension
If you have sufficient space, a Rear House Extension has enormous potential to change the very nature of your house. This type of Home Extension can be combined with internal alterations to open your kitchen up to your back garden and create a light, airy, open-plan area that can be used as a combined kitchen, dining, living and entertaining area.
Side return extension
Kitchen Side Return Extensions are becoming increasingly popular as a way of gaining more ground floor living space, whilst using up the usually wasted side return of the garden. Maybe you even want to accommodate the needs of a growing family, working from home or a hobby.
Extending your existing kitchen into the side return can create a stunning new kitchen/living area may also increase the value of your home. The finished result is well lit, waterproof and insulated. It will be much admired by visiting friends, family and neighbours!
Side return extensions can also be combined with Rear House Extensions to form a wrap-around extension. Although wrap-around extensions are often quite time-consuming and cause a significant amount of disturbance,but they offer you the maximum amount of flexibility to re-order the layout of your house to exactly suit your needs. Sliding folding doors (or bi-fold doors) are becoming increasingly popular as they can open far wider than conventional French doors and provide that all important unobstructed sight line.
Still not sure? which type of House Extension suit you and your property? Not sure if your house is suitable for any extension. Don’t worries we will talk you through whole process and manage your project right from the beginning!