- A lucas construction surveyor visits you to discuss design options for your home and the relevant planning and building regulations requirements. We provide a comprehensive quotation and we can also arrange for you to view a similar project, to give you an opportunity to see the standard of work and to help you realise the potential for your own home.
- On placing of an order, a small deposit will be taken. Payments are only taken in arrears of work, and therefore no further payments are required until work has begun. a detailed survey and further discussions with you will be undertaken by our surveyor and structural engineer,they will draw up the relevant architectural plans. Plans will be send to you for your approval,any changes, alterations will be made free of charge. It normally takes around 2-4 weeks to draw up the plans and to get them registered with the local council. It takes approximately 8 weeks for the council to decide the application. Payments are only taken in arrears of work, and therefore no further payments are required until work has begun.
- During the planning application period you are required to serve party wall notice(s) on your neighbour(s), to which they must consent prior to the commencement of the work. We will put you in touch with a party wall surveyor who will supply you with the notice(s) free of charge. We strongly recommend you serve these notices at your earliest opportunity in order to ensure works starts promptly after planning consent has been obtained.
- The week before work commences, you will have a “pre-start” meeting with your project manager and the site foreman. the site foreman will be managing the team constructing your development. this meeting is an opportunity to fine-tune any details of your impending project. The site foreman will run you through the build process, explaining how they intend to tackle the project, the best channels of communication and how they will protect your home and minimise disruption to your family.
- A few weeks before the build starts, Lucas Construction will apply for building regualtions on your behalf. Once planning approval has been obtained construction normally commences within 2-4 weeks.
- The building team arrive on the agreed start date and construction begins. Prior to this, preparation of the site along with the protection of key areas will have already taken place; skips will have been delivered and scaffolding erected where appropriate.
- During the construction stage of your project, one of Lucas Construction site consultants, or your designated project manager, will be visiting your site 2-3 times a week to ensure works are progressing according to the schedule.
- You can expect construction work to last approximately; 6-7 weeks for a loft, 8-12 weeks for an extension. Upon completion of your project you will receive a 10 year structure guarantee, your building regualtions certifcate, a copy of your planning approval and most importantly some precious space!
From architectural plans and design, planning permission applications (if required) and building regulations, we will handle the entire process. “However if you have all in place and would like us to handle only construction works we more than happy to take your project on board”. Our project managers will be available to answer any questions and deal with any problems and will keep you appraised throughout the entire process from start to finish. Upon completion of your project you will receive a guarantee for the works, your building regualtions certifcate, a copy of your planning approval and most importantly new pretty space!